PICKLE BALL COURTS
PICKLE BALL COURTS
Mor-Sports Group Pickleball Court Surfacing Systems
The new Pickleball centre in Naples is the showpiece of Mor-Sports Pickleball court Installations in Florida. Built onto both concrete and asphalt bases, the courts consist of the finest of Pickleball court surfacing products – The DecoTurf and DecoColor Pickleball Surfacing Systems.
Using these products, our Pickleball courts are renowned for their consistent speed of play, true ball bounce, durability, low maintenance, vibrant long lasting colors, has consistent bounce and very easy to maintain. It is also fair to all players.
Our surface is quoted as being the best surface in the world. The US Open uses it, the Olympics uses it. And now the US Open Pickleball Championships use it.
What is Pickleball?
Pickleball is a racket sport in which two to four players use solid paddles made of wood or composite materials to hit a polymer perforated (whiffle) ball over a net.
It is a very familiar game recognisable to other racquet players, sharing many familiar features of other racket sports.
It has the dimensions and layout of a Badminton court, and a net and rules similar to tennis with a few modifications in the rules of play. Growing in popularity, it is one of the fastest growing sports in North America.
Invented in the mid 1960s as a backyard pastime it is extremely popular among adults as a game fun for players of all skill levels.
The sport of Pickleball used to be an afterthought. However, the majority of sports facility Owners and Managers are now demanding that we provide not only tennis courts but dedicated Pickleball courts for the army of growing Pickleball enthusiasts.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Mor-Sports Pickleball Court Construction Services
Mor-Sports provide the finest Pickleball courts in Florida. Our philosophy is to build not just facilities, but also to build Client relationships that will stand the test of time.
We provide clients with the peace of mind knowing that their Pickleball Courts are designed with their needs in mind. Following our proven quality construction methods, Mor-Sports has construct Pickleball Courts for organisations and communities throughout Florida, having constructed courts in Marco Island, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, and Naples, ensuring that all of our Clients can provide for their players the best Pickleball courts in the world.
Using only the highest quality materials, products and people, we can build Pickleball courts to the client’s exact specification, offering a full turnkey suite of construction services from grading – sub base construction – asphalt works – surfacing – playing lines to final handover.
Works are completed by providing a handover pack that includes site diaries, photographs, construction material details and finally, the offer of a long term maintenance package.
Mor-Sports Can offer Pickleball Construction Services in three ways:
- Convert your existing acrylic hard tennis court in Pickleball courts by “Resurfacing”
- Carrying out new Construction of Pickleball courts
- Convert Existing Clay Courts to Pickleball Courts
We guarantee the quality of all of our work offering references upon request. We are fully licensed for all the work that we carry out and we are also fully insured. All of our construction and design professionals are employees of Mor-Sports Group.
Added to the above, we can simply paint permanent Pickleball playing lines onto your existing tennis court.
1. Convert your existing acrylic hard tennis court in Pickleball courts by “Resurfacing”
Mor-Sports are experience in converting existing tennis courts into Pickleball courts. For example, we have converted tennis courts in a public Park for Lee County in Fort Myers. Depending upon the court dimensions, we can covert the space into either two or four Pickleball courts, taking out or “capping off” the existing tennis post sockets, installing new Pickleball posts and resurfacing the existing hard court. The project can be completed with the installation of a divider fence separating the Pickleball courts.
As always, we would carry out the surfacing works using either the Decoturf or Decocolor system.
2. Carrying out new Construction of Pickleball courts
We start the construction process by delivering all necessary plant and equipment to site. We ensure that we do everything reasonable to protect your existing landscaping by allowing for and providing any haul roads necessary. Any necessary protective measure are considers as part of our risk assessment process which may include fencing signs, etc, all designed to protect people.
Then the construction process begins in earnest.
For the preparation works we:
- Strip all top soil and sub-soil as necessary from the area of the court to suit local conditions and either remove all soil from site or mound on site.
- We grade out the area and form the levels and drainage falls, ensuring that all excavation and levelling works is carried out so that the finished Pickleball court has a drainage fall of 1-120 (.08%) across the width (single courts) or down the length of the courts.
- The area is treated with an approved weedkiller by a specialist company to prevent as far as possible any future growth of vegetation.
- If possible, no trees should exist within 10′ of the court area. If trees are to be planted they should be maintained so that root encroachment and debris are kept to a minimum.
We then provide a stable Sub-Base using Road Base Material
A sub-base of Road Base Material aggregate is constructed over the prepared sub-grade. Normally, we used virgin lime rock fill material which is then compacted by a heavy roller. Our proven techniques ensures that the surface tolerance of the compacted sub-base does not vary more than 1/4″ (6mm) when measured with a 10′ (3m) straight edge, when measured in any direction.
WE ALWAYS ENSURE THAT THE SUB – BASE MATERIAL IS NOT CRUSHED CONCRETE AND IN ADDITION WE ENSURE THAT IT DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY FOREIGN OBJECTS SUCH AS METAL WOOD/TIMBER OF ANY OTHER OBJECTS. WHERE REQUESTED, WE ALWAYS PROVIDE WRITTEN CONFIRMATION / VALIDATION OF THE MATERIAL ISSUED BY OUR SUPPLIER TO THE CLIENT
Next we install tennis post sockets and centre anchor sockets to a high standard by following our standard specification which is excavating for and casting concrete foundations, setting the tennis post sockets at not less than 3 feet deep.
We ensure that the centre anchor has a foundation of at least 12 inches.
We complete the baseworks by supplying and laying a wearing course of dense bituminous virgin asphalt to a compacted Layer thickness of 1½″ over the stone base course.
Depending upon budget and the Clients own specifications and site conditions, we can also provide options such as root barriers, fencing, floodlighting, concrete ribbon curb edging or surface water draining channels which would complete the base works.
3. Convert Existing Clay Courts to Pickleball Courts
Mor-Sports are experienced in the highly skilled conversation of existing Clay Tennis Courts to New Pickleball courts, surfaced with either the Decoturf or the Decocolor System. Having carried out the process on site in places in South West Florida such as on Marco Island we provide our Clients with the peace of mind knowing we have a proven track record in the conversion of existing clay courts to Pickleaball courts.
We start the construction process by delivering all necessary plant and equipment to site, providing access by removing sections of fencing. We ensure that we do everything reasonable to protect your existing landscaping by allowing for and providing any haul roads necessary. All and any necessary protective measure are considers as part of our risk assessment process which may include fencing signs, etc, all designed to protect people.
Then onto the construction process we:
- Strip out existing nets and post.
- Balance existing tennis court material and sub base material
- Supply and Lay fresh road base material and rough grade out the area to form the levels and drainage falls. All sub base dressing works are carried out so that the finished Decoturf / Decocolor Pickleball courts has a drainage fall of 1-120 (.08%) across the width of the courts.
- After rough dressing, we complete the grading and then compact the base. The pickleball net post sockets are installed, normally to a minimum depth of 2 feet.
- We then Supply and Lay a wearing course of dense bituminous virgin asphalt to a compacted Layer thickness of 1½″ over the stone base course.
Depending upon budget and the Clients own specifications we can also provide options such as fencing, floodlighting, concrete ribbon curb edging or surface water draining channels which would complete the base works.
Completion of the project - Acrylic Paint Surfacing works
For all of the base construction options we offer, the works are completed by carrying out acrylic installation surfacing. Mor-Sports offers a selection of Pickleball court surfaces to suit your needs, including: the cushioned DecoTurf system, the high wear, UV resistant DecoColor system and the durable and decorative Acrylotex system.
Cushioned Pickleball Court Surfacing System
Our Cushioned Pickleball Court surfacing system is the Decoturf cushion system. It is a multi – layered, resilient cushioning system chosen to be the surface for The US Open Pickleball Championship that is held in Naples, Florida.
It is a heavy bodied, flexible 100% acrylic latex coating, designed with specially selected, highly resilient rubber granules. It is supplied as an unpigmented concentrate to be diluted with water prior to use. It is complete when 5 layers of cushion are applied. This is then coated with Decocolour classic.
Completion of the project - Acrylic Paint Surfacing works
- It is a full depth, multi-layer cushioned tennis court surface which provides maximum player comfort with exceptional performance. The resilient cushion takes the pressure off of your body without changing the bounce of the game.
- It is made from the highest quality products, providing exceptional long term performance, ease of maintenance, allowing Mor-Sports to provide competitively priced courts as part of our outstanding service.
- Manufactured with post-industrial recycled materials.
100% acrylic resins and select SBR rubber granules reduce shock absorption of DecoTurf tennis surfaces.
- The textured acrylic surface is highly resistant to weather and ultraviolet degradation.
- Suitable for Indoor and outdoor Pickleball courts
- Can be installed onto asphalt or concrete bases
- Twelve vibrant colors offer a whole range of possibilities for your sports court.
- Classified in three ITF Court Pace Rating categories.
- Low maintenance, easy to clean
- Certified as GREEN WISE® environmentally preferred, by the independent Coatings Research Group, Inc.
Non Cushioned Pickleball Court Surfacing System
Used with the cushion system, or as a “stand alone” system, The Deco color system is a full bodied, high performance acrylic latex coating. It is fortified with specially selected fillers and is pigmented in eleven standard colours. DecoColor MP Classic offers the advantage of using one product for the textured course and the finish course.
As a minimum, two (2) texture course applications will be provided to give excellent performance results.
All surfacing is completed with the application of a highly reflective 100% acrylic marking paint, which has been designed to ensure that cracking, crazing, peeling, or deterioration does not occur.